9.02.2013

Our Move to Texas

We are together again! What a long 5 months that was.
James got back to Maryland August 14th and we loaded the truck the very next day.
We stayed at his parents house until the morning of the 17th and then we started our drive to our new home. Well, we stopped off in Pennsylvania to visit DutchWonderland first. The boys had a great time there! James mom and step-dad, Ilene and Duane, were able to make the drive in James' car with us, so they were able to enjoy watching the boys at the amusement park too. We were also able to stop and see one of Duane's sons in Tennessee along our way.

We got to our new home in Texas around 4pm on Wednesday the 21st. 4 days, some throw up and 7 sore bums later we had arrived! The apartment we are staying in is nice which is great considering the town we are living in. My first thoughts of the town were nervous thoughts, but the more I am here the more I realize it is not so bad. This could be home. Sure there are bugs all over and it's hot and there is no mall, but we have a pool and the church is true, so life will work out just fine :)

James is enjoying the official start up of his career and the boys and I are enjoying putting our home together, visiting the aquarium and the pool, and getting things ready to start school.

It was so terribly sad to leave our home in Maryland. We had made some wonderful friends and had really become comfortable with the area, but this is an exciting new step for our family, so we will do our best to be positive and make it home here quickly. But what a bummer... people don't have accents here. I think I'll still start saying y'all anyways. I did get hugged by a random lady in the grocery store the other day because she liked my kids and was happy to hear me say I wasn't done. That was a pleasant change from what I heard in Maryland :) All in all, Texas is not as bad as I was expecting it to be so far, so I'm feeling good.

We're all doing well and getting adjusted. I'll keep you posted on our little crawler, our crazy Mak and our big Kindergartener!

5 comments:

Grafulas said...

Your blog doesn't pop up on my list now that it's private! Regardless, I hope you enjoy Texas--Carl's from Texas and there are definitely parts I love about it--the schools are AWESOME, southern people are SO friendly (and extremely blunt and uncensored at times...mixed feelings about that one sometimes), and brisket is heavenly. I hope you have fun though, even though adjusting to the change is always tricky. You'll do great :)

kelsey said...

Aw, that lady hugging you in the grocery store for wanting more kids just made my day! I wish more people were like that, and I'm glad to hear you aren't done. How could you be, with those darling little mugs you create?!?!?! I'm just so glad you are there and all together!

Kami said...

I want to call you!

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

What part of Texas are you in? I have a friend who lives in San Antonio. She has two kids and maybe if you're close you guys could meet. She nannied for us our 2nd to last semester at BYUI.

MDtripmom said...

Was just thinking of you guys so I decided to stop by your blog. Maryland really misses you, especially me! :(