10.26.2012

Halloween at Six Flags

Recently the boys and I decided to take a trip to Six Flags to participate in their Halloween festivities. We had a great time. The boys were so cute and excited.
Ezra got to go on many rides and he was so brave to do most of them alone :) He even rode a roller coaster all by himself. Nothing says "they grow up too fast" like watching your oldest throw his arms in the air and scream with joy as he is whipped around another turn on a roller coaster.
Little Mak enjoyed watching "Za Za" on the bigger kid rides.
This is a spider web maze that Makai ran through maybe 20 times at least. 
I can just hear his laughter and it makes me smile. He really liked this 'bouncy up and down' one.
Once I discovered that Makai could go on most of the kid rides as long as he had a "responsible companion" he enjoyed himself much more. Ezra took to the "responsible companion" role quite well. He made sure to buckle him, put his arm around him or in front of him to protect him and either held his hand or gently guided his head to help him know where to go. It was adorable. 

They had a trick or treating trail, so I convinced Makai to keep his costume on long enough to get candy (and no longer). Love my pirates.


After trick or treating they went on a little hayride and had a blast. 

These boys sure are good at having fun and that's all it takes for me to have fun!
(Poor daddy had to work, like always, but Ezra couldn't stop talking about how proud daddy would be of him and how much daddy would like to go on certain rides or see certain shows during the day. Out of sight, but never out of mind or heart, daddy!)

5 comments:

Katie R said...

I love it! You, Courtney, and myself have all made our children be pirates this year. :) Apparently, even though we're all so far apart, we still think along the same wavelength. I'm glad the boys are having so much fun! How could they not with such an awesome, brave mama? (I'm still too chicken to take my two anywhere and I'm not even pregnant!)

Katherine Johnston said...

I LOVE the costumes Kayleen! Just adorable! I could almost hear the laughter too as I looked at the pictures. Sounds like you had a great time!

Johnny said...

Ok- this was too cute, Kayleen! They are darling pirates! It blows my mind how grown up Ez is getting! So happy for you.

Jeremy,Jennie said...

ADORABLE!!!!

Michaela said...

Oh what cute pirates!!! I love that you go out and do things like that even when James can't! I wish we lived closer so we could do things together while our guys are working hard. I'm used to doing big things without Jordan in the summers, but I usually had some girl friends with me which made it more fun. I haven't found any here that like to do those things without their husband, so it's usually just me and the kids. Oh well, it's still fun. :)
And I can't believe Ezra went rode a roller coaster all by himself. Wow, he's so grown up!