7.02.2011

Father's Day Flop

It's the thought that counts, right? Hmm... I guess not. I kind of flopped on Father's Day. I wanted it to be special, but... he had to change a poopy diaper and take care of Ezra while I taught Sunday School. That was kind of a bummer for him. And I couldn't think of anything to get him. I came up with only a few ideas, but they were either too expensive, or something he'd need to pick out himself. So... Father's Day came and I still didn't have anything, so I signed his card and stuffed some cash inside for him to get whatever he wanted with it. He opened it and just put the cash aside. He wore a disappointed look the rest of the day. I felt awful. Then to make matters worse, I overcooked dinner. He didn't complain, but I wanted to cry.

The next day I asked him if he was disappointed and he said, "Well, yeah. A little. I just wanted you to get me something. Giving me cash was like handing me the debit card."

Lesson learned... he didn't care what I got him, as long as it wasn't money. Even if the money was my hard earned babysitting money.

I love my little Jamesy poo and I really wanted him to feel so special. Soo.... today is his birthday and I have really been trying to make it a special one. He did have to work today, but I hope he at least feels loved. Of course I made sure to splash cold water on him while in the shower. That's what people in love do. What? You don't... hmm... I'll pray for you.

Oh and where have I been? Why no pics lately? We're moving. Did you know? In like a week. Across the country. I'm just a tidge busy. But not too busy to finally post this post that I wrote soon after father's day and not to busy to give a shout out to my lover boy who thoroughly drives me crazy, but still puts a smile on my face.

Happy Birthday James!

5 comments:

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

oh! You're in love! how cute! :)

Erica said...

Where are you moving to??? Back to NH?

Danielle said...

Moving! Wow that's exciting! Can't wait to hear more details. The great thing about fathers days and birthdays is you can learn and do better the next year :)

Ian Sorensen said...

You're MOVING! I'm so so so glad. Firstly, because I know you want to, secondly because we're going to be in Maryland in the beginning of August. Would there be a teeny tiny chance we would get to see you? That would be AWESOME! Call me!

Jenn and Kylann said...

Did James get the transfer with Walmart? Or did he find another job? I didn't know it was so soon! I really wish you guys would stay. Or try and find a job in UT. :o( Cant' wait to see you next month though!!