4.09.2011

Bath Time

Makai's favorite thing lately is splashing in the tub. He splashes through the entire bath. It leaves me pretty wet, but always smiling because he's cute. Ezra of course has to join in each time which results in a very wet bathroom.

(I just realized Ezra's danger zone or "peanuts" as he calls them are fully visible. Sorry. Well, half sorry. If I was really sorry I either wouldn't have pointed it out or I would remove the video. Clearly I think the cuteness of my children trumps inappropriate video footage. Don't judge me.)

I love bath time. My favorite part is the clean babies after bath time. I love to brush their hair. I love to rub lotion on Makai's chubby thighs, roly poly knees and squishy cheeks. I love to watch Ezra dress himself in his jammies. I LOVE to smell them. I just don't love that our potty training woes have turned too much of our bath time fun into toddler enemas.
Ezra always insists on wearing the same jammies as Makai. These are the only matching pair I have, so I'll have to work on that because it really disappoints him when he can't match brother.

This is a kiss. I had him redo it like five times, but he's a pucker, smack and bail kind of boy, so for now I'll leave the world thinking he's cannibalistic.


Also, this is my 100th post!
To celebrate, I've prepared a little speech:
I'd like to thank all the people out there who never gave up on me. The ones who read post after post and beg for more. The ones who tell me I'm cool. The ones who said, "hey, you're a good writer" and managed to sound genuine. The ones who like my kids and don't mind my obsession with them. The ones who don't mind my meaningless banter and exaggerated, forced humor. Here's to you. Thanks.

5 comments:

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

Happy 100th post!!

Grandma Lene said...

Thank you for 100 posts. Let's go for 200.

Rachel said...

So Grant loved watching your boys bathe! He was waving hi lol. They are so cute and I love how Ezra is holding Makai!

Jenn and Kylann said...

I don't think the boys look much alike at all! Ezra looks just like James and Makai looks just like you. At least that's what I think. Love you sister!! Can't wait to see you in a little over four months!! Woohoo!

Melanie said...

Woo hoo 100th post! I LOVE reading your blog! Your kids are so darling and seriously I can't get over that sweet cute little Makai. Holy cow he is just SOOOOOO cute! Love the big eyes and dimples! You really should put him in a contest or something. He is so....stinkin....cute! Love ya!