We're back! We've been back for almost a week now, but I still don't feel readjusted to "normal" life yet. We had a great time out east and I wish it didn't have to end. It's always nice coming home, especially when James was back home for 11 days before we were, but it's so nice being with family and back where the world seems a little more alive.
We ventured to Maryland for Thanksgiving with James' family. Half of the family stayed in two RV's in the driveway while the other half stayed in the house. The showers and bathrooms were always occupied, mealtimes were a little crazy and our caravan systems were always delayed (mostly, okay, totally because of me. I choose to blame the babe, but I was almost always the last to shower, so it's more my fault than Makai's. Sorry!).
We spent time in DC where I saw the White House for the first time. I have to say, it looks bigger and more magical in pictures. We also got pedicures, manicures, went shopping with the girlies and put on a cute talent show. The boys were able to go to the Navy football game. We also went to the Air and Space Museum, Port Discovery x2, DC Temple visitors center, The museum of Natural History and American History and I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Needless to say, everyday we had an adventure and it was great. We also had time to talk, make cookies, and watch the only family video of James and his sisters when they were younger. Oh and I can't forget the wonderful Thanksgiving meal we had thanks to my mother-in-law! It was sooo yummy! Ezra loved playing with his cousins. We came upstairs one morning and he heard someone and gasped, "cousins!!!" It was so cute. He still prays for ALL of them. All we have to say is "we're thankful for.." and he just fills in all their names.
Then Thanksgiving Day we said goodbye to everyone, James got on one plane back home and the boys and I got on another to go see my family. Within half an hour of James being home he was called into work where he walked the floors all Black Friday morning.
The boys were great for me on the plane. It was a little crazier on the way home due to a much longer flight plus a layover and double the amount of luggage I came out with, but the boys were still way more behaved than I expected, so no tears!
In New Hampshire we had fun shopping, shopping, and shopping. We had Thanksgiving dinner with my aunt and uncle and cousins, met Santa and rode on his train, got a house visit from Santa (aka Grandpa), and went horseback riding and Ezra and I fell off the horse. I'm still sore, Ezra landed on me so he's fine. He still talks about how he got to feed the horse, walk it, brush it and say, "whoa horsey", not once has he ever mentioned falling off, so I'm not reminding him.
We also played with more of Ezra's cousins and I found myself relaxing more than I have since I've had kids. I hardly prepared any meals for Ezra (my mom and sister-in-law, Jamie, took care of it)! I sent Ezra down with Nana each morning while mommy and baby relaxed or, some mornings, slept in. I had my first Black Friday early bird adventure and it was a little lame. My fault though. I went with nothing particular in mind. I just wanted to "look" around. Well, you can't really "look" at anything in the crowds, so I mostly stood to the side until I saw an open aisle to move through. Still fun though and not nearly as horrible as everyone made it sound. I got to see many old friends and it was great. My neice, Lily, just loved Makai. She would say all day long, "baby, oh, it's a baby!" It was so funny. Ezra spent most of his time downstairs playing with Tyler's toys. I didn't get hardly any pictures, but what else is new...
Like I said, we're happy to be back and so so happy to be with daddy again, but Rexburg is just a little more depressing to me right now. I was quickly reminded how empty it feels, how there is nothing to do, how the stores in Idaho don't have hardly anything worth purchasing, how cold it is, how people don't know how to use 4-way stops out here, how lonely we are with our friends dwindling away and no family close by. Que sera sera. Tis the season to be jolly, so forget what I just said :)











4 comments:
Kayleen I just love your posts. You do such a good job at updating all the time. And I just wanted to say that I miss all of our Rexburg friends! It's not as easy to find other young couples to hang out with or friends for Karys. Especially when they don't live just a door or two away. Anyways, hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!
I'm so glad you had a good time! I bet you needed it! Thanks for your post! I love reading your blog! Next time you come to IF call me! ;)
Kayleen, it was so wonderful having you home! Each time I am with you, I realize more and more how much I really need and enjoy, and miss having you around. You always brighten up the room and make everyone smile. I had so much fun with you. I really wish we lived closer to each other. I miss watching those sweet little grandbabies grow up.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, for coming home when you did! I Love you so much!
I fought off the flu, til after you left. Then I got sick as a dog on Tuesday, and still have a horrible cough. I really hope none of you came down with it when you got home.
PS> I LOVE the family picture you posted on here. Can you send me the original please?
Wish we could all be together this Christmas. I hope you have a good one. Please give James and those little boys a big ol hug from Nana!
What a fun trip! There is so much to do in DC, and I agree, the white house does look more magical in pictures! Rexburg is a nice safe place, but too small, and it does stink when friends move away!
But we're still here :) and we'll figure out a time for pictures. Even if it is just the kids :)
Post a Comment