9.10.2010

A Quick Update


Ezra went on his first real "amusement park" ride when the fair came to town. It was a lot faster than those quarter machine rides go, so he was a little scared, but as soon as his eyes were able to spot the blur he calls mommy and daddy, he was happy again.

Makai is getting so big. This was actually taken when he was only a week old and look how huge he looks! He's already in size 1 diapers (and has been since he was a week old) and he is now wearing 3 month clothes. Ezra was in newborn clothes for almost 3 months. Where did the newborn stage go? I would never wish this time away. The only thing I can't wait to be over is the broken sleep. I just wish he would start sleeping more than 2 hours at a time. But, I love him no matter how sleep drunk he makes me.

James was a little embarrassed that his tough little boy chose the pink and purple horse.

Ezra asks me to take him to the park just about every day. Before Makai came we were going to the park every day, but obviously having a baby makes that more difficult. Poor little Ezra is getting cooped up all day long and I think it is making him slightly crazy now too. He has resorted to jumping on the couch, his bed and mommy, using the back of the tub as a slide and swinging from daddy's pull up bar. He loves when his friends come to play. His new buddy Kaden has helped keep him busy and happy a couple times since Makai came and we all appreciate it! (Thanks Jennie!)

Here is Ezra all dressed up for church. There have been several times in the past couple of weeks when Ezra has brought me his shoes and told me he was going to church. I am so glad he loves church so much. He finally loves nursery and cries almost every time I come get him to go home.

We're all doing great here. James is working all the time and I am still trying to get the hang of two kids, but we're managing. Hope everyone is doing well.

(P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! WE LOVE YOU!!)

3 comments:

Danielle said...

cute cute boys. Sounds like you're having some fun times!

kelsey said...

who knew there was a fair? i must have been busy. . . lol. i can't believe how big kai is, i wish scarlett would grow. . . jk, she is getting chubby, in her own little way!

i hope you get some more sleep soon!

Jenn and Kylann said...

I can't believe how chunky my little nephew is! What is it with our second boys being chubby?! I love it though! I totally skipped size 1 diapers with Kyler. He moved right into size two I think that first month. And right now he's a size 3. Chase is only one size away from him. And actually I can probably fit Kyler in Chase's diapers right now if I wanted to.

I wish we lived closer, sister. Then when we wake up in the middle of the night with our babies we can keep each other company. :o) I know how you feel about the sleep issue. Kyler is not consistent with his sleep at all. One wonderful night he slept 7 hours!! But that was just one night! Lately he's been on a 2-3 hour kick and I hate it! I'm having flashbacks of Chase waking every two hours for 10 1/2 months! I really, really hope it gets better for you cause I know exactly how you feel, sis.